Monday 15 February 2016

The Self Discovery Project • Day 4

Sunday 14th

Hello again! Thanks for dropping by on this fine afternoon. Today I with be showing you what I did yesterday, hint: not much.

So I slept in a bit because we got home really late the night before and I went to bed at 1am (really late for me) I would of liked more sleep but it didn't happen.

After I woke up I tried to write my last post but I just couldn't do it, I had no words, I couldn't type without it being mush. So instead I did what would fix that, I read. I didn't feel like reading most of my books which are teenage romance because meh, so I decided on reading Matilda.

I'm pretty sure its the first Roald Dahl book I have ever read. I have had someone read some of his books at school before but never have read one myself. I was never much of a reader when I was younger and now I wish I was. All those stories I missed out on. I fell like I need to read them all now just to make up for the fact I didn't before. I have a little sister and she thinks reading is a waste of time (meanwhile she doesn't think that about Minecraft or her iPad..) and I wonder if one day she will feel the same or she won't care about books all together. I do hope one day she does at least like books, she doesn't need to love them but liking them would make me happy.

I also really like the way he writes, the only way I think I can describe it is sophisticated yet simple. If that make any sense.

I nearly finished it too! I don't think I have ever read a chapter book in one day. Well I never really read in the first place. I had about 50 pages to go before I was only just awake, so I went to bed... sigh.

At lunch time we went out to lunch for my Grandmas birthday (which isn't until Tuesday) and I had a beef, bacon and cheese burger, it was really nice!

It was really hot too which isn't great reading weather. So at 5.30-ish we decided to go to the beach but when we got there the clouds were rolling over and the breeze was keeping us cool so we didn't swim. I haven't swum at the beach all summer, last time was early spring. But we ate the cheese and biscuits we forgot to take to the speedway. Mum prepared it and had it waiting in the fringe to take to the speedway but she forgot about it, its was quite funny though, she even brought the biscuits.

Anyway, while at the beach I took the photos above, I think they turned out quite lovely.

I had a great day even though I didn't do much and I glad the photos turned out nice so I had something to put with this post, I don't know what I will put with todays (Monday) because I kind of forgot to film or take photos... whoops tomorrow will be better though... lets hope.

Well I hope you had a great day too and let me know if you read Roald Dahl books and what your favourite is.
Ruby xx


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and join the conversation, but please keep it friendly :)