Thursday 18 February 2016

The Self Discovery Project • Day 5

Monday 15th

Helllloooo again!
I was supposed to write this Tuesday and post it Tuesday afternoon but as you can tell it didn't happen. Then I wanted to write and post it yesterday but that also didn't happen..

The first thing I did (other than write a to-do list, eat, get ready, etc.) was my school work, like every other weekday. After I did some of it I went searching for a new recipe to bake and I found an amazing brownie recipe (so unhealthy though).

The reason why I baked on a Monday was not because it was Monday and we need baked goods to get us through the week, but because we volunteer at a nursing home on a Monday and I bring baked goods (these Anzac biscuits are the biggest hit so far). This is practically the only time I bake so I had to make 2 one for the nursing home and one for us (ours had choc chips), even though they don't eat much at the nursing home.

When the first one was baking and I still hadn't decided to bake another I finished reading my current book, Matilda, don't worry it was good, Roald Dahl was an amazing writer. Then I cleaned it up and started again. While that was baking I started a new book, Better Off Friends. Then we had to go to the nursing home. This week I started joining knitted squares they made, so eventually it will make a blanket.

When I got home I decided to read some more of my book. After that I was sucked in. I stayed up until 12 finishing that book. And I actually did! I finished 2 books in 1 day and finished a book in one day for the first time! Also, just to let you know, its not a big book, I can't read that fast.

Well I should get to work now, my English text book won't write itself.
Ruby xx
P.S. I only took 1 photo and it was a crappy one of the brownie that I sent to my mum so I thought I just won't post any, although I could take one of the slice now and put it in. Thats not cheating is it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and join the conversation, but please keep it friendly :)